[Coral-List] Minimal spawning in Rincon, PR last night

Szmant, Alina szmanta at uncw.edu
Mon Aug 10 10:56:59 EDT 2009

We collected spawn from one large colony, only 10 % of that colony spawned.  No other colony in our part of the reef was seen to form bundles (we stopped checked ca. 9:45 pm) but the Baums group got spawn from a different part of the reef a few hundred meters south.  We are hoping that tonight will bring a larger spawn.

Best wishes,

Dr. Alina M. Szmant
Professor of Marine Biology
Coral Reef Research Program, Center for Marine Science
University of North Carolina Wilmington
5600 Marvin K. Moss Lane
Wilmington NC 28409
Tel:  (910)962-2362; fax: (910)962-2410;  cell:  (910)200-3913
http://people.uncw.edu/szmanta