[Coral-List] Montastraea faveolata spawning in the Florida Keys

coffroth coffroth at buffalo.edu
Wed Aug 12 12:15:28 EDT 2009

Hi All,
    Last night (Aug 11, 2009) we had a partial spawn of M. faveolata at
Cheeca Rocks, Middle Keys.  Of the 15 colonies that we tented, 8
released some egg-sperm bundles.  Spawning started at about 11:30 pm and
continued in small amounts until about midnight.  We are hoping for a
major spawn tonight.  Follow our adventures on the Burr Coral spawning
blog (http://burrcoralspawn09.blogspot.com/)

The BURR Team

--
Mary Alice Coffroth
Professor

447 Hochstetter Hall
Department of Geology
411 Cooke Hall
Graduate Program in Evolution, Ecology and Behavior
State University of New York at Buffalo
Buffalo NY 14260 -1350

Phone: 716-645-3489 ext. 187 (office)
      716-645- 3489 ext. 188 (lab)