[Coral-List] August Spawning Report For Puerto Morelos, Mexico

Anastazia Banaszak banaszak at cmarl.unam.mx
Fri Aug 14 11:37:09 EDT 2009

To add to the list of spawning reports around the Caribbean:

AUGUST SPAWNING REPORT FOR PUERTO MORELOS, MEXICO:

Acropora palmata:

August 8: No spawning observed
August 9: No spawning observed
August 10: No spawning observed
August 11: 4 out of 10 monitored colonies spawned and many other colonies
that were being observed spawned. Not a big spawning event but we will
follow up in the same area next month.

Montastraea faveolata:

August 10: No spawning observed
August 11: A few colonies spawned massively
August 12: A large number of colonies spawned massively and we will follow
up in the same area next month

--
Dr. Anastazia T. Banaszak
Unidad Académica Sistemas Arrecifales

Prol. Av. Niños Héroes S/N Dom. Con.
Puerto Morelos QR 77580 Mexico
Tel: +52 (998) 871 0219 Ext 155
Cel: +521 (998) 845 4635

Mailing address: AP 1152 Cancun QR 77500 Mexico