[Coral-List] FW: Media query: Researching "Best Island Reefs" for ISLANDS magazine

Tupper, Mark (WorldFish) M.Tupper at CGIAR.ORG
Tue Dec 1 20:32:40 EST 2009

Dear All,

ReefBase has received a request (see below) from ISLANDS magazine to nominate the top 10 island reefs (from a dive/snorkel tourism perspective). In addition to our own info, I would like to solicit the opinions of the very knowledgeable subscribers on this list. Remember that the reefs must be island reefs as opposed to continental and must be accessible to dive tourists (i.e. places like Palmyra or Navassa would probably not be good choices).

Please send your comments directly to me and I will synthesize them and post them back to the list before forwarding them to the magazine.

Thanks,
Mark

Dr. Mark Tupper
Scientist - Coral Reefs and Reef Fisheries
The WorldFish Center
Los Baños, Laguna, PHILIPPINES
Tel +632 580-5659 (2889) GMT +8
Mobile: +63 917-524-0864
http://www.worldfishcenter.org
Reducing poverty and hunger by improving fisheries and aquaculture.