[Coral-List] Update on 12th ICRS

Isabelle Côté imcote at sfu.ca
Fri Feb 6 17:35:11 EST 2009

Please post - sent on behalf of Dr Rich Aronson

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to update you on our progress toward identifying a venue for the 12th ICRS. As you probably know, at the end of each ICRS it has been traditional to announce the venue of the next symposium. We were not able to do that last summer at the 11th ICRS because we had no viable proposals. The global economic meltdown of the past few months has not helped.

Dr. Bob Richmond and his committee have identified a couple of possibilities and are working to get one or more viable bids. We expect to have an announcement within the next couple of months.

Please accept my apologies for the delay and for any cross-postings.

Best regards,

Rich Aronson

Richard B. Aronson

President,
International Society for Reef Studies

Dr Isabelle Côté
Professor of Tropical Marine Ecology
Department of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC
V5A 1S6
Canada

tel. +1-778-782-3705 (direct), 782-4475 (secretary)
fax +1-778-782-3496
http://www.sfu.ca/biology

Become a member of the International Society for Reef Studies
http://www.fit.edu/isrs/