[Coral-List] Coral bleaching and light levels

Richard Dunne RichardPDunne at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 09:13:03 EST 2009

Tom

I have seen a great deal of poor work submitted to scientific journals
over the years, some of which has unfortunately survived peer review and
appeared in print. In some cases I have questioned in print the quality
of those publications, as several authors can bear testament to. So you
are incorrect to assume that I am not careful and critical of published
work.

Unpublished work such as your own is quite impossible to assess - so I
am right to be highly sceptical of its value. I hope that I am not being
personal in suggesting that a little less time writing to Coral List and
a little more time spent researching and publishing would I am sure
greatly benefit all of us. Anecdotes are best left to the dinner table
and bars.

cordially

Richard P Dunne