[Coral-List] Sharpnose puffer

Longin Kaczmarsky solonnie at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 13:16:53 EST 2009

    Having been in the water almost daily for 14 years (1986-2000) and recording my observations on St.Croix, I had seen similar sudden, localized, periodic and sometimes unprecedented (at least over 14 years) large population increases/pulses of juveniles in a number of reef organisms (e.g., queen triggerfish, Diodon, Burrfish, red hind, coney, blackfin snapper, angelfish, reef squirrels, Diadema, anemone shrimp, tonguefish, even rusty and masked gobies) that generally slowly disperse (and/or are consumed) and I concur with Dr. Ogden's explanation.

  Longin Kaczmarsky
  Florida International University