[Coral-List] COTs are not in Dubai, UAE

John Burt John.Burt at zu.ac.ae
Thu Jan 22 09:18:22 EST 2009

Iain, Yusef, Kaveh,

I have been diving approx. bi-weekly in Dubai since 2005 and have not observed a single COT on reefs in the area, nor on coral encrusted breakwaters. I would imagine that the sizzling summer temperatures or the salinity are keeping them out from establishing in the area. They can undoubtedly get here via ballast water or dispersal.

John Burt

REGARDING Message: 4