[Coral-List] paper of interest

Andrew Halford andrew.halford at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:24:52 EDT 2009

Hi Listers,

I would like to draw peoples attention to a recent publication in Global
Change Biology which may interest some of you.

The paper is entitled 'Towards an understanding of resilience in isolated
coral reefs' and is an analysis of a 10 year dataset on fish and corals,
collected from a remote reef system on an annual basis and which spans the
1998 global bleaching event. The paper highlights how isolated reef systems
do not always behave in ways that might be expected based on their distance
to other sources of propagules. In this context it goes on to highlight a
number of areas which require more investigation if we are to understand the
dynamics of reef systems in the face of an increasingly adverse environment.

I am more than happy to email a pdf to anyone who may be interested.

cheers

Andy

--
Andrew Halford