[Coral-List] Thank you and a s

Trish Hunt divergurl1999 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 13:20:47 EDT 2009

Before I get anymore emails about service arrangements for Mike Blatus, I want to thank you all who have contacted me.  He was a very well loved advocate, albeit unseen to the general public, unless you were at the City Counsel meetings in Vero when he was fighting a new beach restoration project.  :)

Arrangements have been made, and it seems that some of his coworkers at Trans Global had incorrect information as of last night.  Services are described in the announcement below, for those local and interested in attending.  I hope to speak on his behalf; I do not think his parents, in charge of the arrangements, really know of his positive impact on people and the environment alike, because of what he tried to do for the worm reefs off Indian River County.

Again, thank you to all of you that have contacted me.  Please continue to do so if you have any stories about Mikey that you would like to share.

With a heavy heart,
Trish Hunt

http://www.legacy.com/tcpalm/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=129803913

Michael J. Blatus, 43, died July 14, 2009, at his home. He was born in Hempstead, N.Y., and lived in Vero Beach for 35 years, coming from St. Petersburg. He was a graduate of Indian River State College and the University of Central Florida in Orlando. He worked as a fiber optic cable technician for Lucent Technologies and later worked for Trans Global. He was a member of St. Helen Catholic Church.
Survivors include his parents, Carol and James Blatus of Vero Beach;
brother, Christopher Blatus of Vero Beach; and sisters, Patricia Blatus
of Denver, Colo., and Jean Blatus of Vero Beach. Memorial contributions
may be made to St. Helen Catholic School, 2050 Vero Beach Ave., Vero Beach, FL 32960. Services: A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. July 18 at St. Helen Catholic Church. Arrangements are by Cox-Gifford-Seawinds
Funeral Home and Crematory, Vero Beach. A guest book may be signed at seawindsfh.com/obit.php