[Coral-List] Aquarium Coral Imports - Data

Don Baker reefpeace at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 05:40:01 EST 2009

Hi Coral-L Members,

In reference to this Reference:

Wabnitz, C., Taylor, M., Green, E., Razak, T. 2003. From Ocean to Aquarium. UNEP-WCMC,Cambridge, UK.

Can anyone refer any updated data at least concerning the live aquarium coral trade?  It's now 2009 and the data the above pub notes is to 2001.   CITES data is vague and complicated to summarize.

I may be in error here but I may have read somewhere (?) that the marine aquarium trade has 'increased by some 500%.'   Can anyone point me to the pub or reference?

Many thanks,
Don Baker
Guam

Alternate Email: donbjr95 at hotmail.com

"Dedication and motivated direction in achieving specific goals related to the care and protection of living things is not necessarily a guaranteed formula for success. Success is, more often than not, a direct result of a person’s passion in addition to the above formula." [Don Baker, Marine Conservationist/Activist, 1998]