[Coral-List] Global Warming Theory (Douglas Fenner)

Michael Risk riskmj at univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue Mar 3 11:28:19 EST 2009

Hi Doug.

I have followed this thread with some interest, and have nothing useful
to contribute. Except some factoids:

Few years ago, guy (Rick Mercer, for some of you out there) went around
Toronto with a petition, asking people to sign in support of banning a
chemical which was widespread in the environment, toxic at certain
levels. Dihydrogen oxide. He got TONS of signatures.

Four million Americans believe they have been abducted by aliens. 70%
of them do not believe in evolution. What does a petition mean?

What we need to always bear in mind is that the IPCC is not a wide-eyed
bunch of tree-huggers, but a conservative group of government
scientists whose deliberations have already been filtered through
policy wonks and national agendas.

Follow the money. It should be to the everlasting shame of the oil
companies that they fund much of the denial industry.

Mike

ps-I know what dihydrogen oxide is. I didn't sign.