[Coral-List] Coral Disease

Stuart P. Wynne Stuart.Wynne at gov.ai
Tue Oct 6 11:53:27 EDT 2009

Dear all,

While diving the other day I noticed some small grey scattered blotches
over a Porites astreoides colony (each blotch only encompassing about
six to eight corallites but there were many blotches) and I wondered if
anyone has seen similar afflictions elsewhere. The corallites in the
grey areas no longer housed polyps so this is obviously a disease of
some kind, but I have been unable to find reference of it anywhere. I
have a photograph that I can forward to anyone interested.

Regards,

Stuart Wynne
Deputy Director, Scientific Research

Department of Fisheries and Marine Resources
P.O. Box 60
The Valley
Anguilla
British West Indies

Tel: + 264-497-8705/2871 Fax: + 264-497-8567