[Coral-List] Acropora spawning at Rincon, Puerto Rico. September

Medina Rosas Pedro pedro at pv.udg.mx
Thu Sep 10 17:31:31 EDT 2009

On Sep 8, the fourth night after the full moon, Acropora palmata spawning occurred in ~40% of the colonies at Steps Beach, Rincon, Puerto Rico. It was bigger than last month at the same place, and this time whole colonies were releasing bundles (a lot!).
It started at 21:00, and we left at 21:30 because the jars were full of gametes, and the spawning was still going on.

Hopefully, I will get two interesting data sets in one summer!

Did anybody go out also this month?

Saludos
Pedro