[Coral-List] Photo monitoring for natural resource research --- questionnaire

Dan Brumbaugh brumba at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:28:47 EDT 2009

Apologies for cross-postings. As noted below, please reply to Ned Horning at horning at amnh.org.

----

The American Museum of Natural History’s Center for Biodiversity and Conservation is working on developing software tools to support photo monitoring of natural environments. We are in the process of contacting colleagues to get a better idea of the types of tools that they would find most useful. In other words we are trying to get a better idea what people are doing or would like to do with photo monitoring. This will help us prioritize the development of software and protocols to support photo monitoring initiatives for biodiversity conservation.

Most of the people we know who are using photo monitoring in conservation are using digital technology to acquire imagery and location information but acquisition protocols and methods developed for film photography. We would like to develop and encourage the use of software tools to improve the ease of use and utility of photo monitoring.

If you are interested, please help us by filling in one of our questionnaires. Electronic copies of the questionnaire can be downloaded at http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org/dropspot/PhotoMonitoringQuestionnaire.doc (or http://tinyurl.com/l2sup5 in case the long URL link gets broken). Fill it in and e-mail it back as an attachment to: horning at amnh.org

All the best,

Ned Horning
Biodiversity Informatics Facility
Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West @ 79th St
New York, NY 10024
e-mail: horning at amnh.org
tel: 212-313-7947
fax: 212-769-5292
Home office tel: 802-382-9080
Web site: http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org

--

Dan Brumbaugh, Ph.D.
Senior Conservation Scientist
Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY  10024-5192
USA