[Coral-List] ASLO Time Series session: Puerto Rico 2011

Frank Muller-Karger carib at marine.usf.edu
Fri Aug 13 08:54:59 EDT 2010

Dear colleagues:

The call for papers for the ASLO 2011 Aquatic Sciences Meeting in San
Juan, Puerto Rico, is now live
[ http://www.aslo.org/meetings/sanjuan2011/]
and ready for registration and abstract submission.

Abstract submission deadline is 11 October.

We welcome abstracts submitted to the following session:

S02:Ocean Biogeochemistry Time-Series and Climate

Conveners: Frank Muller-Karger, University of South Florida,
carib at marine.usf.edu; Michael Lomas, Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
(Bermuda), michael.lomas at bios.edu; Matthew Church; University of Hawaii,
mjchurch at hawaii.edu; Laura Lorenzoni, University of South Florida,
laural at marine.usf.edu

Much of our understanding of temporal variability associated with ocean
biogeochemistry derives from sustained, systematic, shipboard
time-series observations. Time-series science programs provide the
oceanographic community with multi-year, high-quality data needed for
characterizing ocean climate, biogeochemistry, and ecosystem
variability. We invite contributions from studies which use ocean carbon
and biogeochemistry time-series data, and especially encourage studies
that examine time-series observations and datasets to elucidate changes
in ocean biogeochemical processes, ecosystem structure and function, and
linkages and feedbacks with the Earth’s climate system.

FRANK EDGAR MULLER-KARGER
University of South Florida
College of Marine Science
140 7th Ave. South