[Coral-List] The battle for biodiversity

Curtis Kruer kruer at 3rivers.net
Wed Dec 1 16:17:35 EST 2010

Folks,  the debacle that is the Florida Keys spiny lobster fishery - rampant
overfishing for decades and the cascading ecological impacts within the
coral reef ecosystem due to effects of overharvest - have been known for
years.   But the fact that the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary has
been in existence for 20 years now is the real story here, and one that
should be of concern to many.  Climate change or no climate change.

Curtis Kruer