[Coral-List] Caribbean and Gulf researchers

mehunt at mail.utexas.edu mehunt at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 6 17:38:59 EST 2010

Hi All,

Will anyone be snorkeling or diving within the next few months?  I?m
looking for two small hydrozoans from the Caribbean/Gulf waters.  #1
is Abylopsis eschscholtzi, a siphonophore and #2 is an anthoathecate
jellyfish (species unknown, but I have pics) with green and orange/red
fluorescence.  My need is for the animal tissue, intact as much as
possible.  I can send tubes and RNALater for storage as well as
shipping materials, or send replacement supplies.  I had collected
both specimens in 2007 and no longer have any tissue left for some
final work.  I can forward pictures of both animals (white light and
fluorescent) to assist with identification.  Email directly at
mehunt at mail.utexas.edu if you have the opportunity to help so I don't
spam everyone.  Much appreciated!

Regards,
Marguerite Hunt