[Coral-List] Record setting cold in south Florida

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Fri Dec 10 16:39:00 EST 2010

What was condescending?  I thought my response was pretty tame -- for
me, at least.

Certainly, if Gene understands the difference between climate and
weather, he wouldn't -- or shouldn't -- post messages confusing the
two.  Some people here understand the difference, and understand how the
climate works, and don't need any reminders from me.  Others don't share
our training and expertise, however, and they get confused.  I don't
feel it is responsible to let comments such as Gene's pass without
scientifically accurate rebuttal.

Of course, if scientific accuracy is not desired, I will be happy to
focus my attention elsewhere.

But ... given the fact that we know there is a connection between
climate, weather, and coral health, we really should be interested in
sharing accurate information (not misinformation or disinformation) on
how EACH component of the system works.

Dave