[Coral-List] Three dimensional views of coral reefs

Clifford J. Hearn clifford_hearn at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 12:33:24 EST 2010

Dear Listers
Thank you to so many people who have posted on the topic of ‘rugosity and artificial reefs’ and also written to me; I am reading much of the literature that has been cited.

We have been constructing  digital reefs in three dimensions based on the usual 'top down' bathymetry and some assumptions that the roughness in 2D is reflected in 3D for a living structure. I hope to post the statistical properties of these reefs soon and I am wondering about comparable data for spatial scales of tens of meters to centimeters or less.
Many thanks
Cliff
 Clifford J. HearnWorking Science Consultancies

http://www.workingscienceconsultancies.com