[Coral-List] Hydrodynamic/Topographic Data for Coral Reef Systems

Clifford J. Hearn clifford_hearn at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 12:49:18 EST 2010

Dear Listers
Following a discussion at ICRS 11, we are in process of compiling a database of hydrodynamic data collected in Coral Reef Systems, around the world, with special emphasis on systems with good topographic data. The database will contain only general statements about the data (may be even metadata) and not the data themselves.  Inclusion in the database does not, in any way, imply that the data are available. Where studies have been  published, they will be referenced in a forthcoming review of Hydrodynamic/Topographic Data for Coral Reef Systems.
 We have already an impressive list of journal articles, technical reports, books/chapters, and abstracts, but I am sure there is much more of which we are unaware. It is particularly valuable if the hydrodynamic data (water flow, waves, temperature, salinity, turbulence etc) are accompanied by topographic/bathymetric data and especially if there are concomitant biological , chemical or sediment data.

If any listers know of references of which we may possibly be unaware, or can merely bring their own work (papers, reports, presentations, books etc) to our attention, so that we are sure of their inclusion, we would be very grateful.
Thank you very much in advance for any help,
Regards
Clifford J. Hearn
Working Science Consultancies
200, 2nd Avenue South, #519
St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
cliffordjhearn at workingscienceconsultancies.com
http://workingscienceconsultancies.com
Plan to attend the special session 'Physical Processes on Coral Reefs and Their Role in Reef Dynamics' at the AGU 2010 Ocean Sciences Meeting in Portland Oregon (February 2010).