[Coral-List] Fireworm predators - porgies

Steve LeGore slegore at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 2 14:55:57 EST 2010

   The first time I saw a fireworm was at the College of Fisheries, University
   of  Washington, where they had an aquarium tank full of them.  I said,
   "What's that?!" as I picked one up.  Needless to say, I found out.

   The goby in the video did not seem as aggresive in eating the fireworn as
   gobies normally seem when finding something edible.  It was almost like a
   person -- probably a Texan -- eating a very hot pepper.