[Coral-List] Endangered species status will be considered for 82 corals

Sarah Heberling Sarah.Heberling at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 18 12:19:52 EST 2010

Thank you, Andrea!

For additional information on what NMFS is doing for the ESA-listed
species of /Acropora palmata/ and /A. cervicornis/ in the U.S. and
Caribbean, I encourage you to visit our website:
http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/esa/acropora.htm.  There you will find FAQs
about the listing process and about the designation of critical habitat
under the ESA (including answers to "What does this mean to me??").
Plus, there is a handy worksheet for figuring out which permits you
might need when conducting research on these two listed species.  It's
all not as scary as some would have you think.

Additionally, please visit
http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/esa/82CoralSpecies.htm for more information
on the petition to list 82 corals, on NMFS' 90-day response to the
petition, and on NMFS' request for more information to support status
reviews for these species.  Please consider providing your comments,
data, and information to assist us with the massive task of thoroughly
assessing the status of each the 82 candidate coral species!!

Cheers,
Sarah

--
Sarah E. Heberling
NOAA Fisheries Service
Email: Sarah.Heberling at noaa.gov
Web: http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/pr.htm

"What good is a used up world; and how could it be worth having?"