[Coral-List] Lizard Island Fellowships 2011
lirs at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 13 03:16:29 EDT 2010
The Australian Museum is pleased to announce the Lizard Island Fellowships
Program for 2011. These fellowships support field-intensive research at the
Museum's Lizard Island Research Station on the northern Great Barrier Reef.
The Lizard Island Fellowships Program has operated since 1984, providing
$586,000 to support the work of 42 PhD students and 8 postdoctoral
researchers. This year, five fellowships are offered.
Two fellowships for PhD students, AU$8,000 per year for up to three years.
1) Lizard Island Doctoral Fellowship - for PhD students. Funding provided by
the Lizard Island Reef Research Foundation members.
2) Ian Potter Doctoral Fellowship at Lizard Island - for PhD students.
Funding provided by the Ian Potter Foundation.
Preliminary applications for these fellowships close on 20 August 2010.
Three fellowships for early-career postdoctoral researchers, AU$11,000 to be
spent in one year.
3) Isobel Bennett Marine Biology Fellowship - for recent PhDs. Funding
provided by the Hermon Slade Raiatea Foundation.
4) John and Laurine Proud Fellowship - for recent PhDs. Funding provided by
the John and Laurine Proud Estate Trust.
5) Yulgilbar Foundation Fellowship - for recent PhDs. Funding provided by
the Yulgilbar Foundation.
Applications for these fellowships close on 30 September 2010.
For information about the program, visit
Please pass this information on to anyone who may be interested in applying.
Dr Anne Hoggett & Dr Lyle Vail
Directors, Lizard Island Research Station
Lizard Island Research Station
PMB 37 Cairns QLD 4870 Australia
t 61 7 4060 3977 f 61 7 4060 3977
Inspiring the exploration of nature and cultures
More information about the Coral-List