[Coral-List] What will happen to the GOM ecosystem?

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Wed Jun 16 11:30:27 EDT 2010

I was trying to use logic to figure out what might happen as a result
of the addition of a lot of hydrocarbons to the sea. I'm guessing
that nitrogen will be a limiting factor, and that this will tend to
favor cyanobacteria, which may lead to a bloom. See http://
blog.erlingsson.com/?p=3389 for details.

How are the symbiont dinos of corals doing with regards to nitrogen
fixation? Would they tend to be relatively favored compared to green
algae?

What other chain reactions do you think this might lead to?

Ulf Erlingsson
Lindorm, Inc.
manufacturer of the SediMeter