[Coral-List] topicality

Mike Jankulak mike.jankulak at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 23 10:00:40 EDT 2010

Dear Coral-Listers,

I'm going to ask for your patience this week while I'm acting as
substitute co-moderator.  I've allowed through some of these "spill of
opportunity" messages because some of them seemed peripherally related
to coral reef topics but perhaps that was a mistake.  I'd rather not
moderate a discussion focused entirely on corporate/governmental
culpability or the divisive politics of energy policy.

I apologize if this is a departure from the careful and considerate hand
of moderation that you have all grown used to.  If you receive a polite
message thanking you for your message but rejecting it on the basis of
being off-topic, I ask you not to take it personally.  If you feel your
post was rejected in error I suggest that you wait and resubmit next
week when your usual, more experienced moderation team will be rotating
back on the job.

respectfully,
Mike Jankulak, mod team

--
Mike Jankulak, Research Associate, University of Miami / CIMAS
   NOAA / Atlantic Oceanographic Meteorological Laboratory