[Coral-List] Glossary of coral reef morphology

sarah hamylton sarahhamylton at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:14:52 EDT 2010

Dear Coral Listers,

I am a post doctoral research fellow in the Coastal Research Unit of the 
Geography Department, University of Cambridge. In collaboration with some 
colleagues in the seabed mapping community I am helping to produce a 
geomorphological atlas of the seabed. I have been tasked with supplying 
glossary definitions for coral reef units (e.g. fringing reef, barrier 
reef, platform reef etc.). We are keen to utilise terms already in 
circulation. If anybody knows of any existing coral reef glossaries or 
pertinent definitions (particularly with respect to landform types), I 
would be very grateful if you could pass them on.

Many thanks in advance,


Dr Sarah Hamylton
Cambridge Coastal Research Unit
Department of Geography
University of Cambridge
Downing Place
Cambridge CB2 3EN

Do you have a story that started on Hotmail? Tell us now

More information about the Coral-List mailing list