[Coral-List] Harmful effects of suntan lotion on coral reefs?

Hector Reyes hreyes at uabcs.mx
Mon Mar 1 11:00:30 EST 2010

dear coral listers, is this true? the so called damage to corals by suntan
lotions has no real foundation? It would be really interesting that a
"coral legend" has been the cause why Mexican marine parks force people to
avoid application of any solar protection (sometimes by law; the rule is
actually in some management plans), and that way probably are affecting
their health by UV skin damage...

Hector Reyes
UABCS, La Paz