[Coral-List] Gene for president

Tom Capo tcapo at rsmas.miami.edu
Wed Mar 3 10:19:03 EST 2010

Alina you are correct, her name is Genny  Eckert.
Eckert, GL 1998. Larval development, growth and morphology of the sea
urchin Diadema antillarum. Bull. Mar. Sci. 63:
443–451.

tom

On Mar 3, 2010, at 7:43 AM, Szmant, Alina wrote:

> There was a student from the Eckerd College area who tried to
> culture Diadema before we did.  She managed to raise 2-3 urchins if
> I recall, but I don't remember her name...

> Dr. Alina M. Szmant
> Professor of Marine Biology
> Coral Reef Research Program, Center for Marine Science
> University of North Carolina Wilmington
> 5600 Marvin K. Moss Lane
> Wilmington NC 28409
> Tel:  (910)962-2362; fax: (910)962-2410;  cell:  (910)200-3913
> http://people.uncw.edu/szmanta

Resource Manager
National Resource for Aplysia
Department of Marine Biology & Fisheries
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, Florida  33149    USA
Telephone:  +1 (305)421-4941