[Coral-List] Reef Check Australia Position Announcement

Jennifer Loder seq at reefcheckaustralia.org
Fri Mar 5 19:26:53 EST 2010

Position Announcement: Reef Check Australia Seasonal Project Officer, South
East Queensland

Reef Check Australia is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to
protecting Australia's coral communities through scientific research and
community engagement. We train recreational divers to participate in coral
health surveys up and down the Queensland coast, on more then 80 research
sites. By providing hands-on opportunities to actively participate in coral
monitoring, we are able to engage the Australian community in coral
conservation at a unique level and provide an early warning system for
changes in reef health.

The Project Officer position will involve the planning, coordination and
leadership of Reef Check Australia research teams to monitoring sites in the
South East Queensland (SEQ) region from May to November 2010. This role will
also include data management, analysis and the creation of a scientific
report. Additional responsibilities, subject to interest may include
fundraising, event coordination, education and grant writing.

The RCA SEQ project works with a dozen dive operators to reach more than 25
monitoring sites ranging from Noosa to the Gold Coast. Good communication,
motivation, delegation and social skills are essential to coordinate this
collaborative community network. Minimum Rescue Diver certification is
required for the position. However, an insured divemaster or instructor is
preferred.

The position is entirely voluntary. However, if you can identify potential
grants that could provide you with a source of funds we are happy to assist
you with an application.

Please visit http://www.reefcheckaustralia.org/vacancies.html to find
additional selection criteria and position details.

Applicants should send their resume and cover letter addressing selection
criteria to seq at reefcheckaustralia.org

Cheers

Jenn

Jennifer Loder

South East Queensland Coordinator

Reef Check Australia

Email:  <mailto:seq at reefcheckaustralia.org> seq at reefcheckaustralia.org

Mobile: +61 (0) 402284681

Phone: +61 0(7) 3162 5408

Reef Check Australia HQ: +61 0(7) 4724 3950

General enquiries:  <mailto:support at reefcheckaustralia.org>
support at reefcheckaustralia.org

Reef Check Australia:  <http://www.reefcheckaustralia.org/>
www.reefcheckaustralia.org