[Coral-List] Passing of Brian Keller

Billy Causey billy.causey at noaa.gov
Sun Mar 14 22:02:37 EDT 2010

Gene ... Thank you for your words and thoughtful reflections describing Brian Keller and his reactions to "off-beat ideas" and    you are so accurate!  When individuals posted what I thought were off-the-wall comments or position statements ... I would call Brian for his reaction and he always, no matter the topic or the source, would advise me to take some deep breaths and hit "send" tomorrow.  Most often I followed his advice .... But every once in a while my human frailties would take over and I would hit "send" before his advice sunk in to my thinking.

He always seemed neutral and it makes me realize how objective he could be in the mist of divided positions.  I will miss his counsel ... And in fact, I am already missing his calm and intellectual engagement.

Gene ... We need to use Brian's passing as a wake-up call and realize we don't have time to debate or argue the obvious concepts.  In Brain's memory, let's move forward!!  Billy