[Coral-List] GIslands 2010 - Extended Deadline for Applications: May 24th 2010

Artur Gil arturfreiregil at yahoo.com.br
Mon Mar 15 16:55:53 EDT 2010

Dear GIslands 2010 friends,

Due to our participation in "Global Forum on Oceans, Coasts and Islands" (http://www.globaloceans.org/) held in Paris in May 2010, where we'll organize a session called "NGO´s Involvement in Maritime Spatial Planning" (see details in pg 19 of the document available at http://www.globaloceans.org/sites/udel.edu.globaloceans/files/Draft-Symposium-Program.pdf), we have decided to promote our event (GIslands 2010) there. Consequently, we also decided to extend the deadline for GIslands 2010 applications & short papers submission until May 24th 2010.

All the info you need to apply is available at: http://www.gislands.org/

Now you've got one more reason to apply!
Hope hear you soon and meet you in Paris and Azores Islands!

Best Regards
Helena Calado - GIslands 2010 Chairperson

GIslands 2010 - International Summer School 2010 on Geo-technologies applied to Marine Spatial Planning and Integrated Coastal Zone Management

Ponta Delgada, Azores Islands, Portugal: 7 - 12 August 2010

Website: http://www.gislands.org/

E-mail: gislands2010 at uac.pt

Call for Applications & Short Papers (6 pages max.) - Extended Deadline: May 24th 2010

Topics: http://www.gislands.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=17

Best 30 papers will be published in ACOREANA scientific journal "Special Issue on Marine Spatial Planning". Authors will be invited to participate in GIslands 2010.

The official language of the Summer School is English. No participation fees will be charged. Participants are expected to finance their own travel and accommodation expenses.

We're looking forward to meet you in Azores Islands! Apply now!