[Coral-List] Second Call for Papers: Littoral 2010 Conference (open just for papers under Themes 2 and 3)

Artur Gil arturfreiregil at yahoo.com.br
Wed Mar 17 08:33:42 EDT 2010

We are happy to inform you that we have had a very good response from the First Call for Papers for Littoral 2010 , receiving over one hundred abstracts  from most European countries and worldwide.

However, we would like to encourage more coastal practitioners, researchers and policy makers to send their Good Practice and Research abstracts related to THEME 2: Developing the marine and coastal economy and THEME 3: Tackling inequality in coastal communities. We believe that it is essential that we integrate discussions on the social and economic aspects of global change in coastal areas at the Littoral 2010 Conference.

Please do inform colleagues that may be interested in this SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS for Littoral 2010. The deadline for abstract submission is the 15th of April 2010. The updated calendar on the website has all the important dates you need to know.

Littoral 2010 will be an exciting opportunity to find out more about original research and practice in Coastal Management, focusing this year on Global Change in Coastal Areas:

- You will be able to listen to our carefully selected keynote speakers and presentations with enough time set aside for discussions and for identifying learning points or highlighting recommendations. These sessions will be facilitated by Chairs with expertise and practical experience in the issues addressed.
- There will also be a chance to take part in more dynamic sessions, workshops, seminars and activities that will be happening in the various rooms. We want to make Littoral 2010 aparticipative experience, making the most of the knowledge and experience of all delegates.
- During coffee and lunch breaks, the two evening receptions and the field trips you will find plenty of time to network with speakers and delegates and CoastNet staff will be available to help you at any time.
Registration online for the conference and further information on the programme and good valueaccommodation at the Imperial College (very close to the venue - The Royal Geographical Society) will be available from the 1st of April.
See more information and a map of this exciting central London venue.
Your organisation may be interested in sponsorship options or using Littoral 2010 as a platform for disseminating your projects/ organisations (materials, exhibition space, workshops or seminars).
Please send us an email to admin at coastnet.org.uk if you have any questions. We'll be very happy to help.

Best wishes from the CoastNet Littoral 2010 team.

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com