[Coral-List] Unusual pink rhizostome jellyfish

Eric Coral Inquiry ericcoralinquiry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:05:16 EDT 2010

Dear listers,
              I have come across this unusual pink rhizostome
jellyfish in Kampung Serusup, Tuaran, Sabah, East Malaysia. The bell
diameter is around 25cm and it has eight oral arms like other
rhizostome jellyfish but what sets it apart is that it has stinging
tentacles surrounding the bell margin which, correct me if I am wrong
- rhizostome jellyfish normally do not have that feature. Would really
appreciate your help if you can point me to some one who has done work
in jellyfish and or authority in the area of jellyfish or, like myself
is interested in jellyfish. Gladly welcome any relevant literature
that I can use to identify it.  Please contact me so that I can email
you the pictures for identification.  Thank you.

Eric Yu S Y
Aquarist
No:8-2-2, 3rd Floor, Block E, Raya Court,
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah 88820
Malaysia
Phone: +60168233850