[Coral-List] BP Oil Spill Response

Quenton Dokken qdokken at gulfmex.org
Sat May 8 13:23:48 EDT 2010

Good Morning Ed,

Thanks for the comment.  I agree totally, but the weakness in the discussion
is "could" happen.  And, I agree with P. Montagna, something is happening on
the seafloor, but the question is, "What is it and is it significant?"
Billions of $$ of lawsuits and significant governmental policy will be based
on the answer to that question.  I certainly don't know the answer, but
science should be objectively seeking the answers.  We know next to nothing
about the deep sea environment off the continental shelf.  Please stay in
contact.

Quenton

Quenton Dokken, Ph.D.

Executive Director