[Coral-List] Corexit 9500 and corals

Carys Mitchelmore mitchelm at umces.edu
Thu May 20 10:00:45 EDT 2010

Good morning,

These are all excellent papers, there's a few other lab and field
studies with corals and dispersants too, most of which (like I believe
the ones below) use one of the Corexit formulations (9527) that is
being used in the Gulf (not the 9500 though that is also being used as
this is a newer formulation, this is the one I used).

A summary of what was know on corals up to 2005 is summarized in the
coral section, chapter 5 of the NRC book (Oil Spill dispersants,
efficacy and effects) which I think you can see pages for free at
(www.nap.edu).

Best wishes,
Carys

--