[Coral-List] farming corals

DeeVon Quirolo dquirolo at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:34:24 EDT 2010

Hi Ross:
Reef Relief started a coral nursery many years ago at the reef near Key
West to save storm-damaged *acropora palmata*. Check it out at
www.reefrelieffounders.com.  It is a simple direct approach designed by Dr.
Harold Hudson.  Go to Grassroots Strategies and click on Coral Nursery.  We
established a second nursery at Green Turtle Cay in the Bahamas that is
further down in the Bahamas Projects section.  The most important element is
clean, clear water so the corals don't become diseased.
Storm damage is also a factor, just as it is for the rest of the reef.
All the best, DeeVon