[Coral-List] Call for applications: Master of Marine Management degree, Dalhousie University

Elizabeth De Santo elizabeth_desanto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 12:05:14 EST 2010

Apologies for cross-postings, please feel free to distribute.

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:

Master of Marine Management (MMM) degree

Marine Affairs Program, Dalhousie
University

The Master of Marine Management (MMM) is a
one year professional, non-thesis and interdisciplinary graduate program
designed for students who want to address solutions for marine management
problems with interdisciplinary synthesis and integration through teamwork in
research and planning. The student body, approximately 20 per annum, comprises
a remarkable diversity of professionals and recent graduates from many
backgrounds, disciplines, and countries. Faculty members associated with the
Marine Affairs Program offer world class expertise from fifteen departments
across two university campuses, several federal government agencies,
non-governmental organizations, and private sector companies, all focused on
the ocean, coastal, and maritime sectors.  Among our many strengths is the
international nature of both our student body and faculty expertise.  The
Marine Affairs Program is based at Dalhousie University, the premier university
in Atlantic Canada as well as Canada’s “Ocean University” and the home of many
internationally renowned researchers and award-winning scholars.

Please visit our website for more
information on our course offerings and the Marine Affairs Program.
Applications are due 31 January 2011:  http://marineaffairsprogram.dal.ca/

For background on Dalhousie, see the
following link for a virtual tour of the campus and academic life: http://www.dal.ca/about/overview

And for more on the Dalhousie experience
and living in Halifax, see the following informational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVBz3wVZ_w

Please direct enquiries to our
Administrator, Becky Field at: marine.affairs at dal.ca
or:  +1 902 494 3555