[Coral-List] Mass mortality of fish and coral in the Sucre state, Venezuela

monikafranck at email.com monikafranck at email.com
Thu Nov 11 13:49:52 EST 2010

Hi

Here in Zanzibar there are also fish dying and washing up on shore.
Can not quantify amounts though, I have heard from locals and have seen
this myself.

They might be dying of heat stroke, as some of them are found swimming
around aimlessly and sluggishly, breathing heavily, otherwise nothing
else visibly wrong with the fish.

It is also much hotter than usual here for this time of year according
to the locals, who are picking these fish off the beach and eating
them, so these fish have not been poisoned or the locals would be dying
too.

This might be a global incident, not only in the Caribbean?

best wishes
Monika Franck
Ecological Projects
Msc, MEM