[Coral-List] La Nina and global warming

Greg Challenger gchallenger at msn.com
Mon Nov 15 08:29:22 EST 2010

"one of the most disturbing aspects of this discussion is the fact that many
contrarians are scientifically literate and most certainly capable of complex
intellectual analysis."   Steve Mussman

First let me point out I am not a contrarian.  I think there is a lot of compelling evidence. Nonetheless, I find this statement disturbing.  Isnt it a good thing that those who question the certainty of any scientific conclusion be scientifically literate?  I understand folks feel their data and conclusions are absolutely correct, but has anyone ever been absolutely correct about any data or conclusions?

I thoroughly enjoy Gene's comments and am not so sure that those who question can be dismissed so easily.

Regards,

Greg E. Challenger
Marine Scientist/Principal
Polaris Applied Sciences, Incorporated