[Coral-List] ESUR IGERT Recruiting PhD students

Benjamin Ruttenberg benjamin.ruttenberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 16:36:56 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elise Granek <graneke at pdx.edu>
Date: Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Subject: ESUR IGERT Recruiting PhD students
To: Elise Granek <graneke at pdx.edu>

 Colleagues,

I'm writing to ask for your help in recruiting students to our new
interdisciplinary PhD program at Portland State University (PSU). With
support from the National Science Foundation's Integrative Graduate
Education and Research Traineeship (IGERT) program, we are seeking
prospective PhD applicants for our first incoming class in Fall 2011. The
substantive focus of this program is on *ecosystem services *(terrestrial
and marine) to support urbanizing regions (ESUR IGERT). We aim to recruit up
to 6 PhD students for our first cohort. Of particular interest are
underrepresented candidates who are permanent residents or US Citizens. For
information about this IGERT program, including the application process,
community partners, and participating departments, please see our recently
launched website:

http://www.pdx.edu/esur-igert

Participants in the IGERT PhD program will received multiple benefits. Aside
from alleviating many of the financial woes of graduate school (three year
traineeship with annual stipend of $30K, tuition remission, $10,500 in
research funding, national and international conference travel, etc.), the
IGERT program offers extensive opportunities for PhD trainees to engage
faculty from a broad array of disciplines, community partners in local,
national, and international organizations and agencies, and involvement in
team-based research in an emerging area of scholarship.

Please forward this note to prospective applicants, and those responsible
for advising graduate students. Our 2-page recruiting document is attached.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Elise Granek

--
Elise Granek, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Environmental Science and Management
	and
co-Director ESUR IGERT

Portland State University
PO Box 751