[Coral-List] Thanks, Coral-List

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 24 14:29:52 EST 2010

Just a note of thanks to the Coral-List administrators for providing
subscribers with an opportunity to inform, educate and exchange ideas.

I would suggest that at this time we should be mindful that to engage
in the scientific process is to value doubt and find virtue in questioning
what we believe to be the truth.

Many of us who have voiced concerns relating to anthropogenic climate
change might do well to reflect on an insight attributed to Max Planck.

 "A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making
them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new
generation grows up that is familiar with it."

Not the most uplifting consideration for those of us seeking a more timely
resolution, but perhaps still apropos.

I just hope that it is not too late.