[Coral-List] La Nina, and global warming

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Thu Nov 25 18:33:25 EST 2010

Tom, fair enough, let's focus on corals.

When the Mississippi Submarine Fan was built up, in a number of
catastrophic flows during a very short time (Pleistocene), what
impact did this have on the S Florida coral reef tract? Surely there
must have been massive siltation, some dilution, cooling, and sudden
sea-level rise. How much damage did it do? How long did the effects
linger? Was there any permanent damage?

Just for reference, the predicted anthropogenic changes are an order
of magnitude smaller than these events. And coincidentally, the IPCC
report is based on science that does not explain the genesis of the
Mississippi Submarine Fan, which means that there is a possibility
that their predictive model is calibrated against misinterpreted data
of past correlations.

Ulf Erlingsson

PS. Here is a link to my article that implicitly presents the
hypothesis for the genesis of the fan: http://erlingsson.com/
authorship/CIS2GOM.html