[Coral-List] Fw: TNC Reef Resilience Project Manager Position Open

Douglas Fenner dfenner at blueskynet.as
Thu Oct 7 01:15:12 EDT 2010

Gene,
    To reply to the first point in your message, I think churches are treated as non-profit organizations in the U.S., hence for
 tax purposes they are treated the same way as other non-profits that we
 generally call NGO's.  Saying that "NGO's operate pretty much like churches"
 may might be misinterpreted by some as you saying that NGOs are religious organizations or have
 other features of operation similar to churchs.  Some NGO's are actually for profit organizations, and strictly speaking, businesses are
 non-governmental organizations, though that's not what we usually mean when we say NGO.   Better to say it the other way around,
 that churches in the U.S. are non-profits as are many other NGOs.

Doug