[Coral-List] NOAA's Predictability Model

Alan Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 22 10:17:17 EDT 2010

Rudy,

Unfortunately the reports coming in from that region (Barbados to Dutch
Antilles) have not been good.  Bleaching is still underway and although
some relief has been seen to the north and west from decreased
insolation and somewhat higher wave activity much of the region has
experienced thermal stress this year....for the southeastern region
results show more potential for stress than in 2005.

Regards,
Al

On 10/21/2010 11:43 AM, Rudy Bonn wrote:
> I was curious as to whether or not NOAA's Predictability models for severe bleachinig in the southeastern Caribbean are holding true to the predictions for this month.  Is there any severe bleaching taking place, and if so, where exactly.  thanks
>

> Rudy S Bonn
> Director of Marine Projects
> Reef Relief
> 631 Greene Street
> Key West, FL 33040
> 305-294-3100

****<><  *******<><  *******<><  *******<><  *******
Alan E. Strong, Ph.D.
NOAA Coral Reef Watch, Consultant
Strong Research, Inc.&  AJH Environmental Services
NOAA Coral Reef Watch Program
  e-mail: Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5311
1335 East West Hwy
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226
301-713-2857 x134               Fax: 301-713-3136
Cell: 410-490-6602