[Coral-List] UPDATED REGISTRATION LINK: Bleaching Webinar

Stephanie Wear swear at TNC.ORG
Wed Sep 8 16:03:12 EDT 2010

URGENT Reef Resilience Webinar: Bleaching Outlook ­ Please note ­
REGISTRATION LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED for those of you that have been unable to
register

Join us for a live webinar on Thursday, 9 September 2010 at 4:30 pm US EDT,
to discuss the Bleaching Outlook for the Caribbean Basin and western
Pacific.  Due to the urgency of the situation we have scheduled this
emergency Bleaching Outlook webinar to hear from Dr. Mark Eakin of the NOAA
Coral Reef Watch Program. Coral reef bleaching has been happening around the
globe this year including extensive bleaching in Indonesia, Thailand, and
other parts of Southeast Asia. Reports of bleaching in the Caribbean are
starting to trickle in and there is a strong potential of coral bleaching in
the Caribbean and western Pacific from the Marianas to western Micronesia.
Dr. Eakin will share the bleaching outlook for the Caribbean and western
Pacific as well as key actions local managers can take in the event of a
mass bleaching.  We will open the call up for questions following Dr.
Eakin¹s presentation.  We hope you can join the webinar, but if you can¹t
please send us your questions at resilience at tnc.org and
<mailto:resilience at tnc.org and>  check out the recorded version online
following the webinar (see details below).  We recognize that this timing is
bad for those of you in the Pacific and we welcome any questions via email
(resilience at tnc.org) from the Pacific to be answered on this call and
available in the recording.

PRESENTER:
Dr. Mark Eakin, NOAA Coral Reef Watch Program

HOST:
Stephanie Wear, Director of Coral Reef Conservation, Global Marine
Initiative, The Nature Conservancy

TIME:
9 September 2010 - 4:30 pm US EDT

You can check your local start time against the time listed above using a
world clock time zone converter, like this one
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html> .

REGISTRATION: Register for the webinar for free at
https://nethope.webex.com/nethope/k2/j.php?ED=140343722&UID=1132354552&RT=Mi
M1&FM=1

QUESTIONS FOR PRESENTER: If you already have questions in mind you would
like the panelists to address, please email them ahead of time to
resilience at tnc.org <mailto:resilience at tnc.org> .  You will also have the
opportunity to ask questions during the webinar. We recognize that the
timing of this call is bad for those of you in the Pacific and we welcome
any questions via email (resilience at tnc.org) to be answered on this call and
available in the recording.

RECORDING: If you are unable to participate in the live webinar, a recording
will be available for streaming or download at www.reefresilience.org
<http://www.reefresilience.org/> , under the ³Events² tab on the home page,
a few days after the event.

Stephanie Wear