[Coral-List] INVITATION LITTER

Amro Abd-Alhamid marine_amr at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 04:05:38 EDT 2010

Please find below an invitation letter for my Ph.D. Seminar.
For attendance confirmation, please replay to my e-mail,
You are welcome passing on this invitation to any one concerned in Coral
Reef.Best Regards

________________________________

Amr Abd-Elhamid Abd-Elgawad
MSc. EIA, Al-Azhar Univ.
PhD. Candidate, Coral Biology & Ecology
EIA department chief
General Administration for Environmental Affairs.
Tourism Development Authority (TDA), MOT, Cairo, Egypt.
+2 012 3969429
http://reefdomeegypt.page.tl/

Dear Colleagues
           You are Cordially Invited to hear our topics and features of the
seminar to be held for my PhD viva voce on (Designing of a novel artificial Reef
Dome to be used as a tool for coral rehabilitation around Hurghada - Red Sea) at
Al-Azhar University, El-Sheikh Saleh Kamel Center (Main Hall), El-Nasr Road,
Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt on Saturday, 18th of September, 2010, at 11 am. It is
our sincere hope that you will be able to attend as our special guest.
           This seminar will focus on presentation of the thought for coral
rehabilitation using a novel design of a semi artificial reef (Reef Dome) and
allowing attendants an opportunity to engage in serious consideration of the
vision of tropical marine ecosystem conservation around the world and have come
to appreciate and respect marine life.

Topics will range from the reef destruction to coral rehabilitation passing
through the following outlines:

1-    Mapping of the reef areas in the vacancy of Hurghada.
2-    Testing the potential of several materials to be used as artificial
substrate in coral rehabilitation.
3-    Monitoring the developmental pattern of several coral species under
natural conditions using locally manufactured artificial substrate as an
experimental step towards the application of such concept for the rehabilitation
of coral reef in the damaged areas around Hurghada coast.
 Amro Abd-Elgawad