[Coral-List] Euro-ISRS2010: call for ideas and update

Osinga, Ronald Ronald.Osinga at wur.nl
Wed Sep 15 08:44:42 EDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

I want to update you about the forthcoming ISRS conference, 13-17 December in The Netherlands. It is still possible to submit abstracts for poster presentations for ISRS2010 (deadline 1 October 2010). In addition, we have launched a "Call for Ideas" (see also www.isrs2010.org):

On the last day of the ISRS2010 conference, we will organize two outbreak sessions, during which ideas for the future can be advertised. We hereby invite you to submit abstracts for short presentations (4 minutes + 1 minute for one question), where you can present your idea.

Ideas will be separated into two categories:

1. What shall we do in reef sciences?
2. What shall we to protect reefs?

Abstracts (maximum of 300 words, excluding title and author) can be submitted by e-mail to isrs2010symposium.afi at wur.nl. The title of your e-mail should be "Abstract for outbreak session". Please, indicate your category of interest (1 or 2).

Ideas will be selected for presentation based upon their novelty and their potential impact.

Update for participants:
This is to inform you that all people that have submitted abstracts for oral presentation have now been informed upon acceptance. We informed the first authors of the abstracts by e-mail. If you did not receive such an e-mail, please, let us know through isrs2010symposium.afi at wur.nl.

Best regards,

Ronald Osinga
Chairman of the Organizing Committee