[Coral-List] Do goliath grouper eat lionfish?

Lad Akins Lad at REEF.org
Thu Sep 16 18:01:42 EDT 2010

Hi All,

No evidence that I am aware of that Goliath consume lionfish.  In fact, I
just did a dive two weeks ago on a site in the FL Keys with over a dozen
goliath grouper and 44 small (less than 7") lionfish.  I'm doubting the
grouper are consuming them.  James Morris also has some lab trials along
these lines.

Lad

Lad Akins
Director of Operations