[Coral-List] Coral Reef Curmudgeons

Eugene Shinn eshinn at marine.usf.edu
Sun Sep 19 11:27:22 EDT 2010

Hey Steve, I may resemble those remarks. But no I don't think it is a
good idea to have a separate blog where we can tear one another
apart.. It would be like, as they say, preaching to the choir. It is
better to do what we have been doing and keep trying to educate using
science and logic. For a start I recommend lister's read John
Hofmeister's book, "Why We Hate the Oil Companies" John's back ground
is sociology yet he also served as the president of Shell Oil
Company. It is most unusual for a not Engineer or Geologist to head
up an oil company. His background and insights into "energy time"
versus "political time" is a revelation. Readers should learn more
about the energy depression for which we are headed. Gene
--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor